Historic Walking Tour of Green Street, Jamaica Plain
Laid out in 1836, the street played a key role in JP’s development, functioning as a residential, commercial & transportation conduit. Although Green St was subdivided as early as 1851 for stores, factories and houses, it was not extensively developed until the late 1870s. The Bowditch School was completed in 1892, and early in the 20th century the Post Office moved from its location on Call Street at Woolsey Square to its new location at the corner of Green and Cheshire Streets.
Created by ggrozier