The First Presbyterian Church of Albany: 250 Years of Community and Conscience
The Albany Institute of History & Art presents an exhibition commemorating the 250th anniversary of the First Presbyterian Church of Albany, including two gifts in the Entry Way Gallery. A rare 1790 Church Penny, used by congregants as currency in the Sunday collection plate; and a hand-written subscription document signed by Alexander Hamilton, Richard Varick, and John Jay to help fund the construction of the second edifice built in 1795 on the corner of Beaver & Pearl Streets.
Created by AIHA
125 Washington Ave.
Albany, NY 12210